Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I remember back when vampires were cool before 'Twilight'

Growing up, I loved vampires.  Movies, books, TV shows, video games, if it had vampires in it, I was interested.  'The Lost Boys,' 'Dracula,' 'Blade,' 'Subspecies,' 'Interview with the Vampire,' are just some of my favorite vampire movies.  I grew up with all kinds of vampires, good and bad, romantic and sadistic.  When I was a kid, I thought it would be really cool to be a vampire.

It just blows my mind when people see 'Twilight' as a cool series.  I have nothing personal against the people who are fans of the books and movies.  But let's be honest.  The vampires of 'Twilight' aren't even close to the truly cool vampires.  I mean who can forget the rad 80s vampires from the 'Lost Boys?' Forget about Edward Cullen, Dracula was the true undead ladies man.  Blade is half-human, half-vampire who knows martial arts, carries a kick ass arsenal of weapons.

Vampires have always been cool.  And they will be cool long after the 'Twilight' movies are gone.  Don't be sad kids.  Just because 'Twilight' is coming to an end, doesn't mean there are no more vampires.  Keep an open mind.  There are plenty of vampire movies and books that are out and will be coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment