Thursday, May 24, 2012

First Ebook

I'm trying to get my first book published.  It's going to be on lulu.com.  It's a site that you can self publish your own work.  I figured I'd give it a shot.  But it's been a long and slow process.  This being my first work, I want it to look as good as possible.  If it comes out sloppy, it'll reflect badly on me.

I want to make sure my story is not rushed.  I've gone over it a few times to edit and make sure there are no typos or grammatical errors.  I also want to make the story flows easily.  It's easy to repeat yourself or rush the story too quickly.  Plus there might be a scene that seems good at first, but later you realize it would be better to cut the scene out.

I also want to make sure it's properly copyrighted.  I doubt someone will steal it, but you never know.  After all the work I put into it, the last thing I want is for someone to steal it and make money off my story.  I know I'm not a perfect writer, but I take pride in my work damnit.  I just have to be patient.  When the time is right, it'll be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment