Monday, August 6, 2012

Too Stressed To Write

I'm a writer, but not a professional writer.  I have written several things over the years.  Stories for fun, stories for school, blogs, I even wrote a couple of poems.  I'm trying to get published.  I have a few ideas for short stories, novels, and a couple of poems.  I've started to work on a few projects.  But I can't bring myself to finish them.

It's because I'm stressed out.  I've been unemployed for almost two years now.  I was on unemployment, so that made things easier.  Now the unemployment has run out.  I'm about finish school at Fresno State University.  I will have a Bachelor's degree in Journalism.  I hope I'll be able to get a job with that degree.
I'm proud that I stuck with school this long.

It's so hard to write when you're stressed.  Worrying about money, life in general, makes it hard to concentrate.  It's easy to write blogs.  They're quick and easy to write.  But anything else takes patience and concentration.  It's hard to work on a novel, even a short story, if you're worrying about paying your bills.  It's going to be even harder during school.  Trying to do homework and study for tests takes precedent.  It's possible to juggle creative writing and school work at the same time.

I'm about to get my financial aid for school soon.  That'll take some of the financial burden away.  Maybe I'll be able to concentrate more on my writing once my bills are paid off.  The less stressed I am, the more I can write.  Once the stress goes away, the creative process can continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment