Saturday, December 28, 2013

Leaving Home

The first time I left home was when I was 22.  I had to leave eventually.  Don't get me wrong, I get along great with my family.  My extended and intermediate family have been there for me, no matter what.  I've lived in the Central Valley of California my whole life.  Fresno, Clovis and Kingsburg are three cities I've lived in California.  I have no problem with Fresno, my hometown.  I've enjoyed living here and made some great friends and memories.

And now it's time for me to leave California.  I'm moving to Greensburg, Pennsylvania.  My brother lives there and offered me to come live with him.  At first I was apprehensive.  I've been so used to living in Fresno, I haven't thought much of leaving. I knew I wanted to leave California.  But I had no idea where I would move to.  I haven't had the best luck with job hunting here.  I've pretty much gave up on dating too.
Maybe if I moved, things would change for the better.

Maybe going to Pennsylvania would be good for me.  A change of scenery would be good.  I could maybe even find a job with my degree there.  I might even find a girlfriend there.  There are so many possibilities there I have yet to discover.  So I'm moving to another state to try something new.  As I'm writing this, I have two days left in California.  I was able to hang out with my friends one more time.  I'm scared but also excited.  I have a feeling this will be good for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment