Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Lottery

Well the Mega Millions Jackpot came and went.  And I didn't win.  Someone else won that insane $640 million jackpot.  I'll admit I am cynical when it comes to a lot of things in life.  But winning the lottery?  Come on, no one wins the lottery.  I mean, yes people win the lottery.  You heard about it in the news.  But do you ever meet them?

It shocks me how much people get swept away in this gambling craze.  I rarely play the lottery.  I bought 6 tickets for this latest drawing.  I wanted to win desperately.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I needed that money.   But I wasn't about to spend every penny I had trying to win.  If you want to gamble, you have to be smart about it.

I doubt I will ever win the lottery.  I might try every now and then.  But to be honest, if I ever do win, I'll probably die of shock.  That or spend every waking moment fearing that I'll be robbed of my money.  Or worrying that my friends and family will try and steal my winnings.  So I'll end with this question.  Is it more stressful to worry that you're going to win, or actually winning the lottery??

No comments:

Post a Comment